Thursday, February 28, 2008

Friends..


""God saw a tear and kissed it away with the smile of a friend" I have had the wonderful pleasure of having my best friend stay with me for the last five days.. She is 65 and I have known her since I was fourteen.. She comes and spends a few days with us every now and then.. my kids love her and my husband enjoys her visits too. We always get so much accomplished when she comes.. This time, we cleaned out closets, my scrapbook room and she LOVES to iron.. I hate it.. She HATES to cook.. I love to cook.. so I cook her wonderful meals and she irons for me.. we visit at the same time.. anyway, I had this MF vintage label and it just seemed perfect for a card for her.. She left this morning and I sure miss her already!!

9 comments:

jan said...

Your friend sounds perfect Elaine, I wish I had one like that to sort my cupboards for me. So glad you had a lovely time with her.

Debbie G said...

What a perfect card Elaine. So glad you had a great visit! Sure wished I lived closer so I could come often!!

Debbie G said...

What a perfect card Elaine. So glad you had a great visit! Sure wished I lived closer so I could come often!!

Debbie G said...

What a perfect card Elaine. So glad you had a great visit! Sure wished I lived closer so I could come often!!

Barbara said...

Cute card Elaine, love the image. I don't dare go down on your next post. Can't look Can't look. :) The cookies will make me go off my good eating habits I have been trying to keep since January.

Amy said...

I love the vintage feel to your awesome cards!

Anne said...

Oh Wow! I wish I had a friend like that - I'd happily cook for anyone who wanted to come and do my ironing for me! This is a beautiful card, a perfect treasure - just like your friend!

Lisa Renéa said...

This is a great card! I've hoarded a bunch of those labels-what a grand idea! Your art is always fabulous!!

Linda M said...

GORGEOUS card!