Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Tropical colors..




I needed to catch up with my postcard swap, so today I made some cards. I am so totally tired of Christmas colors and vintage colors, that for a change I went bright...very bright. I am quite pleased with the outcome. Although I need to work on my overstitching on the edges.. not so happy with it.. I had some lovely tropical fish fabric that I cut the fish out of and some white silk. I painted the silk witht dyna-flow paints from Jacquard I was sent several bottles to try out and they do work wonderfully..I just applied the paint and went around the colors with black. Ahh, I just need a warm beach now.. I hope you all are keeping cozy and warm..

6 comments:

Barbara said...

I love your new style. Fun

Unknown said...

These are so gorgeous Elaine! I know what you mean about the colors too! These are certainly "pick me up" colors and so nice to see them at this drab time of year!!!

Selena

Anonymous said...

Wow. Good for you Elaine, Christmas had overkill, let's get back to BRIGHT. Love the fishy cards. Keep up the good work. lol jan

Pat said...

Oh Elaine, I love the vibrant colors!!

Debbie G said...

Elaine, these are awesome. Is this fish material and you just cut the fish out or did you make them yourself. I just love the colors and how bright they are.

Dymphie said...

Ooowww Elaine, what a wonderful tropical fish! Love these cheerful colours :)