Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fabric Postcards!!



I have discovered a new addiction! These little works of art are just so fun to do.. and you can incorporate stamping, sewing and inking into them..This is my first one and I just love it.. Playing with the fabric is like playing with paper. I am going to try and make them for Christmas instead of Christmas cards this year. I have some wonderful vintage Santas and Snowmen that I want to use. Here is where you can find a marvelous tutorial on how to make them.. It is really simple..and you don't need too many supplies to make them.. I should have taken a little more time with my stitching and also changed the bobbin to match the thread, but patience never was one of my virtues.. just too impatient to see how it would look.. I think I need to work on the edge sewing as well! But it has been such a nice change to do this.. I started to put my name on the back as I am sending to a friend but then thought I should post this before I do that! I used Ancient page brown ink to stamp with.. I can just see so many possibilities for these!!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Elaine -- it's wonderful! I love it, too! I think if we printed vintage images on felt or some other fabric, it would be great. You could actually print or stamp anything you wanted on fabric -- make your own fabric. The possibilities are endless!

Marlou McAlees said...

this is amazing!!! beautiful work!!!