Friday, October 26, 2007

Here a chick, there a chick...


Corny!!.. This is all I have to post today..a chicken fabric post card!! ( you can click on it to enlarge)I have been teaching quite a bit this week so haven't had time to play so much. Found this cute chicken fabric at Walmart tonight and wanted to use it..I used some little scraps of warm and natural for the eggies.. Also bought some of the varigated thread. It is soo pretty.. around the edges.. I gotta just keep making them..till I find the best way to do it and am happy with my work..so for now paper is on the back burner.. Since I joined this swap I am feeling just a little bit intimidated by the others. I am thinking they are hard core quilters and I am just not going to measure up!! The thought of sending something to someone that isn't just the best really bothers me..I gotta get over that!! Have a super weekend.. for me and my family, we will be getting the yard all pruned and ready for Winter.. supposed to be a nice mild weekend!!

7 comments:

mnhyrkas said...

I love how you did the stitching all around to give this a crackle look. Sometimes I feel like that with swaps too, but as I get to touch and feel some great stuff I hope that some of it rubs off on me. It's ok as long as you are doing your best

Theresa said...

Look at all your stitching!!! Great job!!!

Barbara said...

Love the fabric postcard.

Debby said...

I think it looks great!!!!

Lisa said...

These are fantastic. I lvoe what you've been doing with these, but I am going to miss seeing your paper creations!! Come on, post a card!!

Cathy said...

I love the chicken postcard Elaine! It would look great in my kitchen with all my other chick stuff!

Starr said...

This is amazing! Beautiful work! You are a VERY talented lady!