Friday, August 24, 2007

I really truly believe that..





fall is finally on its way. It is crisp in the mornings now and Patrick even wore a sweatshirt this morning..Of course we do have to leave the house at 7 in order for him to get to his school on time! It will be a long year with all this commuting but well worth it! We just love our charter school. Oh well, this is his last year there! The first card I have posted is one I made for my older son to give to an 80 year old lady he plays Mahjonn with. If you don't know what this is, it is an old Chinese game that uses tiles and lots of patience and memory! Perfect for him! My mom plays and he wanted to learn so she taught him.. The only problem is, there aren't that many people that play it around her. She plays with a group of ladies and she is the youngest at 72! No matter, he has played with them all summer and his friends think it is a hoot! All the old ladies love him and loved the card. I hate to tell you the inside sentiment (his choice) "It is so Awesome you aren't dead yet" He assured me that she would love it.they all thought it was hilarious!!

The second card is for a challenge I posted over on another site. The challenge was to use felt in some way. I have been using felt now for quite awhile and love the softness it gives a card. It also adds dimension and texture. Love to pink the edges and sew on it too! I used an image from the net and printed it onto the felt then just sewed around the edges. Hope you can find some felt and make a felt card today!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

So glad to see I haven't missed anything here, love these cards Elaine, glad you're finally feeling fall!!

Debby said...

beautiful cards both of them!!

Barbara said...

Love the 80th birthday card and the story behind it. In my last house in Ca. the ladies all played this game an my memory was so bad I never learned. :) It was quite the thing to do and still is. There is a really large group and they are in there 40's so maybe Patrick needs to make a trip to CA. Great sentiment and I am sure it was well taken.

Debby said...

Elaine ,
You have been tagged !!Please check my blog for more info!!!

Anne said...

ROFL! @ Patrick!!! Bless Him!! What a star! And what a brilliant story! I love these cards Elaine, especially the 80th Birthday one, great choice of colours!

Susan said...

Creative...thy name is Elaine. I just love these and bow to your genius.