Monday, August 6, 2007

Organize, Organize, Organize!!




Yep, that is what I have been doing for the last few days. .. and I am still not finished! But I wanted to share a couple of things that I HAVE accomplished.. DH made me a copy of the "behind-the-door" punch hanger that I saw on this blog: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/ It isn't exactly the same, but very similar. I just bought a piece of molding and painted it with some of the leftover paint that I used on the guest room.
Then put the four cafe rods on it.. then we attached it to the door. It works perfectly and the punches don't fall off! Now, I just need to get the rest of the big punches! Just waiting for a sale. The rest of my punches I store in the drawer of a cart.. The second idea I got from her was the candy jars from Walmart! I had my ribbon in quart canning jars, but liked the idea of the candy jars much better. I ran right down and bought them out! Six jars and 120 clothes pins later...voila! These are shelves that are inside the closet. The button holder is underneath my most favorite picture. It is a Mary Engelbreit print that I bought several years ago and framed. That was one of my first picture projects. I used red polka dot fabric to cover the mat. Sorry there is so much glare on the photo.. The button holder underneath, I just love.. I bought the set of six plastic Making Memories jars and put them into this little rack that I had. Used some old prima bottles for the black and white and clear buttons.. All the extras are in a HUGE jar, that looks nice just sitting on top of my hutch. There you have it.. my little accomplisments for the last few days. (that is in addtion to the umpteen loads of laundry, they wonderful meals I have cooked and the bread I have baked.. oh, and lest I forget, the yummy coconut cake! I hope to have the rest of my room looking happy by tonight!!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Well, I cannot wait to see how HAPPY the rest of your room is. I can just picture sitting inthere with you and 'working' with you. haha, you know how much work I'd get done don't you!!! Looks good Elaine!!

Selena said...

Looks like things are coming right along for you in the new house! I wish I could get half as organized as this! Looks so crisp and clean!

Debby said...

Looks great Elaine,so organized and neat.Please post a picture of the whole room I would love to see your craft space.

Anne said...

It's looking brilliant Elaine! You look as though you're well organised! I love your ME picture and the behind the door punch holder!

Barbara said...

Looks wonderful, I want to see MORE PLEASE. With River Bread and homemade strawberry jam would that work for more of your room?

anna*in*oki said...

It's wonderful and I'm soooo envious! (In a very happy-for-you kinda way!)