Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Felt is flying around here!







and it isn't going on cards! I have discovered a new fun activity that I can do while I am waiting for kids, or at the doctor's office or anywhere for that matter. It tucks nicely into a little bag and I can just take it out whenever I have a minute to spare.. I was inspired by an old acquaintance. You must visit her blog.. Old School Acres.
She makes the most amazing things from felt! I went out hunting and found some wonderful colors of real wool felt and some sweet little embellishments from my stash that work wonderfully on these little tiny things.. With each pair I make, not only does it become easier, but they look nicer. The yellow and blue pair were my first ones and then the little yellow ones with the pink flowers. Made the red ones last night and lined with a cozy flannel. Patrick (my eleven year old) said he thought they would be nice to wear in the winter and could I maybe make him a pair!
Hope you all have a super day!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

They are adorable, Elaine!!

Lisa said...

I second that, they are just sweet as can be!!

mnhyrkas said...

Really cute Elaine! Now if you want them to be really practical make a pair with a cuffed ribbing at the ankle to hold it on the little tiny foot. These would make cute slippers!

Selena said...

Great job on these Elaine, they're adorable!

Debbie G said...

I just love these.. Elaine they are so adorable!!!

roree said...

OMG! Those are so adorable!

Debby said...

adorable little shoes!!!!

Aud said...

Love your work, Elaine! Adorable booties! :o)

anna*in*oki said...

Elaine! I just found your blog listed on SS. Wish I had known about it sooner--could've been visiting all the time! LOVE your felt baby shoes. I have that pattern, too, but haven't gotten around to trying them yet. You're always an inspiration! And I'm so glad to hear you've moved and are getting settled again. I'm looking forward to reading your blog and catching up on more of what you've been up to.

Debby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.