Sunday, September 23, 2007

My little arch..


I am just a fan of little old fashioned children and this Rusty Pickle paper is just precious. I have been holding onto some scraps of this for awhile just hoping I would be able to use it and ..Voila!
Used a little scrap of twill along the bottom with some tiny precious little buttons. At the top is a metal filigree oval with some copper brads securing it. I stitched a piece of cream felt between the two layers and then pinked the edges. The paper behind the children is a piece of handmade paper that was embossed that I inked over. It will go off in the mail tomorrow! Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Barbara said...

Such a cute image and i love how you did the edge.

Amy said...

You have a knack for the vintage look...and every other look as well!!!

liannallama said...

oh, I adore this! The pinked edges are so cute!

DEBBY said...

lovely card!!!

Selena said...

Very neat arches, love the first one, and those "little people" are too cute!

Pat said...

Oh Elaine, I have been here in a bit and I am loving all the projects you've posted!!

My Paper World said...

I love the vintage look, that image is so cute!

Lisa642 said...

Turned out beautifully Elaine!! I love that paper.

Susan said...

Lovely...what a fun image and the background is fantastic. Just so adorable.

Old School Acres said...

I love these, Elaine! I'm always impressed with your creativity.

DymphieM said...

Gorgeous arch Elaine! Hard to believe it's your first :)